Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Children of Eden

Finally!!!!


I know it has been a ridiculously long time since my last post but wow have these last weeks been busy.  I won't bore you with the details of my life but I will say that even though it was super crazy I did manage to get two nail arts done just never got the time to sit down and post them.


The first nail art that I have for you was inspired from a book that I recently read.  Children of Eden by Joey Graceffa.  I originally just wanted to see the book, then I started to read it and wouldn't you know I got inspired.  Can I just say that it was good book, better then expected.  Well enough of my rambling, let's get to it.






For this mani I used:

  • Sally Hansen White On
  • Sally Hansen Twisted Pink
  • Sally Hansen Marine Scene
  • Sally Hansen Ivy League
  • Essence Mister Rusty
  • Acrylic Paint
  • Striping brush
  • Liquid latex
  • round rhinestones
To start, my index and pinky have a white base with the pink and blue somewhat overlapping one another to copy the cover of the book.  My middle finger is my take on how he describes Eden.  I wanted to do something more elaborate but my nail was not big enough, they are still weak and brittle so they break with no provocation.  Anyway back to it.  In the center of the maze I put an emerald color rhinestone in, again my take on the city of Eden.

My ring and thumb are interesting.  I was playing with different Ideas I could use to draw a tree.  Well with the size of my nails it was not possible to do on one finger so I came up with this solution.  The canopy of the tree is my ring finger, done with acrylic paint, and my thumb is the base of the tree.  I know my tree leaves a lot to be desired but I can tell you I did seriously try and make it look like a tree trunk.  (I failed all my art classes in school.  lol)




 I don't want to say too much about the tree because I don't wan to spoil the book for those that have not read it yet.  But I will say this,  I did not expect it to go the direction it did and if you read the book then you know what I'm talking about.  If you want a quick read then I will suggest this book.

There isn't much else to say so I hope you enjoyed the mani and we will see you with the next one.  As always have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment